Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Guess I'm Officially Old


I spent most this weekend with my daughter in our quest for a dress for prom. The one to the left isn't it, but we did find a wonderful, pastel pink prom gown. She had tried on a number of gowns, when I saw the one she ended up with. When I asked her to try it on, she told me, "Heck, no." I told her she had to try it on, so she did.

Anyway, the woman sitting next to me, waiting for her daughter, said to me, "That will look great on your granddaughter(!). OMG, it's official. I must be old. Damn it. I did manage to turn to her and tell her she was my daughter. Maybe she felt bad, because she didn't say anything back to me. Or she's deaf.

On the plus side, Bridget got the beautiful pink gown, with shoes and earrings to go with it. She'll be gorgeous at prom. One other cool thing that Tres Chic Boutique does, is that the owner wrote down the dress, and Bridget's school, so no one else will be wearing that dress to her prom. I thought that was pretty great.

So much for my previous post from last weekend where I had beautiful skin. I'm going downhill fast, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the judgment of the anonymous stalker at Target to the obviously nearsighted woman with glasses at Tres Chic Boutique

    ReplyDelete